FACTS FAMILY PORTAL
FAMILY PORTAL HELP
Family Portal (formerly ParentsWeb) is Catholic High’s school-to-home communication portal. Catholic High uses FACTS SIS (formerly RenWeb) as its Student Information System. The program allows us to dynamically track student data and enables fast digital communication. Family Portal is simply the name for the home login portion for both parents and students.
Family Portal allows for students and parents to have separate logins to view grades, discipline, attendance, lessons, homework, classroom web pages, and family demographics. Separate logins are absolutely necessary because parents can view family financial information and academic information for all students in a family. Students, on the other hand, have access to classroom homework drops and online testing.
Family Portal is browser and platform independent. This means it will work on any Internet-connected device with an up-to-date browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) and plug-ins. Because it is now completely responsive, you can also access it on your smartphone or tablet.
An email address is all you need to set up your account. Accounts are intended for individual use, NOT family use. When you register at Catholic High, you are asked to submit email addresses for each parent and student. Each individual’s email address must be unique.
If you need to add or change an email address, send your formal request (including a full name and grade level) to email@example.com. Please allow up to 24 business hours for your email address to be added.
- Make sure your email address is in our database (one sure test to help you know is whether you receive the weekly newsletter at your email address).
- Click the Family Portal Login button at the top of this page.
- Click the Create New Family Portal Account link on the page that opens.
- Enter the email address submitted to the school for the account you wish to create and click Submit.
- You will receive a secure link via email to complete your account set up.
Note that the link will only be active for a short time. Should you fail to use it within the allotted time frame, simply repeat steps 1-4 above.
The school’s district code is CHS-LA.
Once you have setup your account using the secure link emailed to you, you can use this login link (https://chs-la.client.renweb.com/pw/) to access your ParentsWeb account with the user name and password you created during setup.
We all know it happens, so ParentsWeb makes it easy to retrieve a lost or forgotten password without ever having to contact the school.
- Select Login from the ParentsWeb menu at the top left.
- Click “Forgot Username/Password?”
- Enter your email address to have a new password emailed to you.
You can change your username and/or password with a few clicks.
- Login to ParentsWeb
- Click Family Information
- Click Change Password
- Enter and confirm your new information
- Click Submit
If you would like to update any of your family’s contact information, please email corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org with details about the child(ren) to which they apply (name and grade level).
Parking on campus is a privilege, not a right. Vehicle information is maintained for the purpose of student parking permits. Therefore, it is the student’s responsibility to enter their vehicle information each year before they are allowed to purchase a permit.
Parking passes cannot be obtained through a Parent account. Students who need to set up their Family Portal account for the first time should review the information above for directions on how to do so.
In order to obtain a parking pass, students must:
- Login to Family Portal with their student account and click Web Forms under School Information.
- Click on CHS – Student Parking Permit.
- Enter valid information in all fields.
- Click Submit.
- Visit the High School Office to pay for and obtain a parking permit.
If you have already tried to troubleshoot your ParentsWeb issue and still need help, please email email@example.com with as much detail as you can provide regarding your problem.