Catholic High School in New Iberia, LA in the Diocese of Lafayette, LA is now accepting applications for the position of ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL for the 2019-2020 school year.
Deeply rooted in LaSallian and Carmelite traditions with an enrollment of over 700 students in grades 4-12, Catholic High of New Iberia serves families from Iberia Parish and surrounding civil parishes, by providing academic excellence with an emphasis on strong Catholic identity. Dedicated administrators, faculty, and staff strive to fulfill the vibrant mission of the school by developing students through academic growth and spiritual formation rooted in discipline, compassion, and zeal through service to others.
The Assistant Principal of Catholic High of New Iberia, LA must be a strong, collaborative leader, possessing the skill and determination to fulfill the vision of the school set forth by the Chancellor, Principal, and school leadership, while helping to develop the moral and spiritual life of students and faculty in an environment of academic excellence and school vitality.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree. Must meet Diocesan and State requirements. Must be a practicing Catholic with a commitment to the philosophy of Catholic education. Minimum of 5 years teaching or school administrative experience. Certification in educational administration preferred. Knowledge of elementary and secondary theory and practice.
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Complete an application form (found on the school website), and submit with resume; letter of interest; college transcripts of all college degrees; and three current letters of recommendation highlighting moral character, teaching experience, and administrative experience.
Attn: Dr. Stella J. Arabie
Catholic High School
1301 de la Salle Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
Or via Email:
Attn: Dr. Stella J. Arabie
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: February 1, 2019
- Master’s degree and/or advanced education and administrative experience, preferably with specialized training/experience in educational leadership, curriculum and instruction
- Five or more years of teaching experience
- Successful experience in school administration, including at least three years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaboratively
- Ability to use technology and infuse current techniques into school life
- Dedication to Catholic education
- Demonstrated understanding of the need for interdisciplinary integration with academics, the arts, and athletics
- Dedication to fostering the mission of the school and its role in the community
- High ethical and moral standards, serving as a role model for students, faculty, and staff
- Engaging, friendly personality; confident, outgoing, positive attitude
- Good listener, inclusive of others; good rapport with faculty, students, and parents
- Respect for all constituents; accessibility and ability to work well with diverse populations
- Academic and emotional intelligence
- Visionary, innovative, creative thinker
- Understanding of issues that students face today
- Fairness and objectivity in dealing with faculty, staff, and students/parents
- Faculty advocate/mentor who inspires and respects teachers; good team builder
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills; courage in adversity
- Task commitment
- Passion for educational excellence; genuine concern for and love of children
- Ability to plan strategically and achieve goals
- Expertise in curricular/academic leadership; adherence to high academic standards
- Visible involvement in the life of the school and community