GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING
- Transcripts: Official transcripts for alumni require a request form and a $5.00 fee, which is paid online after completion of the form.
- Diploma Verification: Complete the linked form and submit a $5.00 fee online after completion of the form. The request must state the alumnus’ name, graduation date, and date of birth. Once we receive the fee and form, we can reply by email or mail service.
Connecting Students and Resources
The Guidance and Counseling Department offers numerous services to promote student achievement. It is our top priority to help every child meet his/her college and career goals, including academic planning for college. We want our students to thrive in safe learning environments so that they can develop productive work habits in the classroom and become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Course selection and scheduling
- Transcripts for students in grades 10-12
- Grade reporting
- Contacts for academic assistance
- Planning for testing
- Understanding and interpreting test results
- Communication of scholarship and financial aid opportunities
Teachers offer individual and group student help in their classrooms. Check class management plans, or contact the individual teacher for more information. Both the Beta Club and National Honor Society offer free peer-to-peer tutoring before or after school. Additional information on private tutoring may be available upon request. The State Library of Louisiana also offers Homework LA, free online homework and tutoring in core subjects.
Scholarship opportunities, requirements, and deadlines are communicated through the guidance office to students and their families as they become available.
Students in grade 10 – 12 receive an updated high school transcript each fall from their guidance counselor. Students should keep this copy handy throughout the school year for their needs. Seniors will receive a seven semester transcript after the semester one grades are checked. Current students should see their guidance counselor for any questions about their transcript.
The Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) offers information about the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS). Louisiana’s Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) is a comprehensive program of state scholarships with four award components for students who attend certain Louisiana post-secondary institutions.
For the convenience of our students, the ACT test is offered on our campus, with the exceptions of September and July. Visit http://www.actstudent.org to sign up for your free ACT Student Web account. The account gives you the ability to find test dates and centers, register to take the ACT test, access free preparation resources, and MUCH more.