Daily Announcements 2/13/2020
Any boy currently in the 8-11th grade who is interested in signing up for football should sign up beginning today through this Friday. 9-11th graders will sign up in the high school office and the 8th graders will sign up in the middle school office
Please come out and support our boys soccer team tonight as they take on Northlake Christian in the quarter-final playoff game at 5:30.
Attention all basketball fans: Come out EARLY and support your boys basketball team this Thursday in the Disch Gym. SENIOR NIGHT begins at 6:30 pm and 1 boys varsity game will start immediately after. GO PANTHERS!!!!!!
- The High School Sadie Hawkins Dance is Saturday from 8:00 to 10:30. Students must arrive by 8:30 and may not leave until 10:30. All students will be Breath-a-lyzed upon arrival at the dance and during the dance as deemed necessary. Bobby Novasad of KSMB will be the DJ.
- THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- No singing explicit lyrics
- Girls may NOT wear shorts, leggings, or ripped jeans
- Boys’ shorts should be KNEE-LENGTH (knee-length is NOT mid-thigh) and boys may NOT wear ripped jeans either.
- Costumes/attire may NOT be too tight or revealing, may NOT contain inappropriate words or phrases, and may NOT be political in nature.
- Anyone in violation of these dress guidelines will NOT be allowed to enter the dance, and parents will be notified that you have been turned away.
- Admission to the dance is $5 per person as long as payment has been made by noon today via Geaux Big Red. After Friday at noon, the cost will be $10 and must be paid at the door.
Are you interested in saving lives? Key Club is hosting a blood drive on Tuesday, February 18 for high school students. Students 16 and over can donate with parent permission. There is another blood drive on Wednesday, February 19th for elementary and middle school students who can get a parent/guardian to donate in their name. Please let Mrs. Ashley O’Connor know if you have any questions.
There will be a mandatory high school student council meeting Thursday at lunch to discuss the final details of the Sadie Hawkins Dance. Please make every effort to attend.
High School Quiz Bowl will meet during lunch on Thursday and Friday in Mrs. Julia’s classroom, room 111.
Attention Juniors and Sophomores: An email went out to you concerning the AHEC of a Summer program. This is a summer program for those interested in the medical field. Please review the details, and pick up a packet from the guidance department as soon as possible. The packet is extensive and requires three letters of recommendation. This packet, including the letters of recommendation, are due in guidance by 3 p.m. Thursday, February 20th. If you are interested please do not delay in picking up and completing your packet.
Attention Junior Girls: An email was sent out explaining the American Legion Auxiliary’s Girls State summer program. If you are interested in applying to represent CHS at this summer program you must turn in a resume’ and statement of why you would be a candidate to represent CHS during this summer event. The dates and costs are included in the email. CHS can pick 1 representative and 1 alternate. Please turn in your request to be considered by Monday, February 17th to Mr. Guilbeau in guidance.