End of Year Message to Parents
Dear Catholic High parents,
It is hard to believe that summer is almost here and we are preparing for the end of school. We have celebrated countless successes and I can honestly say that we have had a fantastic school year! As I have told the kids, together, we will FINISH STRONG!
As we prepare for final exams and the end of the academic year, there are some things listed below to which I would like to call your attention. Please remember that more inclusive lists may be found at any time on our school website at www.chspanthers.com.
- Our daily schedule for the final week of school is included in this newsletter. Like our midterm exam schedule, our start and end times will be consistent across all grade levels.
- Buses will be running in the morning at their usual times every day. Please check the attachment for more details. Traffic will be especially hectic due to our special schedules. Please be very mindful of rules and procedures for the safety of our students.
- As you may know, many students and teachers have begun to review for exams in their respective classes. Students should also spend a considerable about of time studying for final exams on their own. Tutoring will be available to all students at 8:15 each morning before exams. Please have your children contact their individual teachers to set appointments.
- After care will be available for any students in grades 4-8 on each day of exams. Please contact Mrs. Anna Davis at 367-7511 or 380-2090 or email@example.com for more information. This service will only be available to those families who contact Mrs. Davis in advance.
- Thank you to all parents who have contributed to our Teacher Appreciation Week. We truly enjoyed all of the food and planned activities, including the volunteers who covered duty spots, for our teachers. Your time and gifts are deeply appreciated!
- Several people have asked about activities over the summer. Two things to which I would like to call special attention are summer reading and summer camps. The list of camps is already posted on our website at https://geauxbigred.com/tc-events/summer-chs/
- The list of summer reading books for all students entering grades 5-12 will be posted soon. Students should also receive guidance in this area from their respective teachers this week.
- Schedules of Courses – In order to better serve our students and their families, it is our goal to notify students of the courses that they are scheduled for earlier. All high school students who are enrolled for the 2019-2020 school year should have received a course listing this past week. For all students in grades 6-8, notices of Honors placement will be sent on or before May 31. All student schedules will be released online via RenWeb during the last week of July.
- The 2019 – 2020 Important Dates calendar, including the dates of orientation and the start of school, can be found at https://chspanthers.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019-2020-school-calendar.pdf
- School supply lists for grades 4-8 will be handled the same way as last year. We will again provide an internal school supply service similar to St. Edwards. This will allow you to preorder your school supplies through the school and have them delivered to your child’s classroom for the first day of school. More information will be sent by Coach Erin Robison in email and posted on our school website as soon as it is finalized.
Last, but not least, Happy Mother’s Day to all of our CHS moms!
Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
Go Big Red!
Stella J. Arabie, Ed.D.