Daily Announcements 2/18/2019
- Please come out to support your Lady Panther basketball team tonight as they take on St. Mary’s Academy at home in a playoff game. Start time is 6:30, and admission is $5.00 for students.
- Congratulations varsity boys soccer team for a great season this year! We are very proud of you!
- Congratulations to Nick Russell on winning the State Indoor Pole vaulting title this weekend at LSU with a jump of 16’ 4 3/4″! Way to go, Nick!
- Congratulations to the 28 students who represented Catholic High well at the UL Region VI Science Fair this past Saturday! In overall competition, Hallee Mire had the best Senior Division project and qualified to compete at the International Science & Engineering Fair to be held in Phoenix, Arizona in May. Also, Gabriel Lamperez was awarded a Broadcom Masters special award for being among the top 10% of Junior Division project participants. For the category awards, students who earned third place awards were Chloe Thibodeaux, William Minvielle, Jonah Helms, Steven Champ, and Amanda Hankenhof. Students who earned second place awards were John “Jack” Chauvin, Madison Broussard, Miriam Romero, Hunter Champagne, Angelina Scott, and Cohen Schlicher. Students who earned first place awards were Gabriel Lamperez, Emily Garcia, Cynthia Romero, and Hallee Mire. All first and second place winners will compete at the Louisiana State Science & Engineering Fair in March. Congratulations again to all of the students who participated in the Science Fair!
- Students in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade are eligible to apply for AHEC of a Summer. The application is available in the Guidance Department. AHEC is a 100-hour volunteer summer program for those students interested in the medical field. Slots are limited, and the deadline to apply is February 25th. The application is extensive and should be picked up as soon as possible. Please see Mrs. Patrice in the guidance department as soon as possible if you are interested in this opportunity.
- This is a reminder that the sophomores will be attending the Career Connections field trip at the Cajundome in Lafayette tomorrow. They will be dismissed from class after roll call and announcements. Students should leave backpacks and cell phones at school. They will return by lunchtime.
- There will be a Middle School Campus Ministry Meeting on Thursday in room 503, Mrs. Brenda’s room, from 3:00 to 3:45.
- The second middle school dance is this Friday, February 22nd, from 7 to 10 PM in the cafeteria. Admission is $5.00.