We had our first taste of cooler fall weather last week. As parents and students prepare for lower temperatures, we would like to take the opportunity to reminder everyone of our outerwear policies. Pages 34 and 35 of the handbook state:
From the time a student arrives on campus until the dismissal bell, only the following outerwear garments are permitted:
- Official Catholic High School sweater (purchased from an official vendor; black for boys and red for girls)
- Official Catholic High School black, gray, or red fleece jacket or half-zip pullover (purchased from an authorized vendor)
- Official Catholic High School sweatshirt (purchased from an authorized vendor)
- Letterman jacket
- Official team or organization outerwear may be worn with coach/moderator approval. No hooded sweatshirts are allowed.
- Blankets are not considered outerwear and, therefore, are prohibited.
During extremely cold weather, students may be allowed to wear a wider selection of appropriate outerwear on campus. Students are to remove these garments prior to entering any building (main building, cafeteria, library, gym, etc.). Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed. Letterman jackets are permitted in the building during cold weather days.