Parents Ministry 2018-2019
ENGAGE PARENTS in the CHS community through SERVICE, PRAYER, EDUCATION and SPIRITUAL GROWTH opportunities
- Service: Support CHS Campus Ministry Efforts by coordinating parent volunteers to chaperone students in community service projects.
- Prayer: Engage with the CHS Community in Prayer.
- Education and Spiritual Growth: Provide education and spiritual growth opportunities for parents and other members of CHS community.
Send an email to Carrie Templeton at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Parents Ministry Distribution List.
SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS:
The CHS Parents Ministry group is planning many exciting projects and programs for the 2018-2019 school year. More information will be available at Back to School Night (8/27). Also, please support our efforts by purchasing red beans and rice dinners that you can pick up as you leave Back to School Night. Pre-orders are available here: https://geauxbigred.com/product/soups-for-souls-ii/.
Resources for Parents:
Masses and Adoration:
- Weekly All School Masses: CHS parents are welcomed to attend CHS’s all school masses which generally occur weekly. Masses generally are held on Thursdays at 9:20 in the Disch Gymnasium*.
- Daily Mass offered on Tuesday mornings at 7:15 in CHS Chapel (high school building near counseling and guidance office)*.
- Adoration and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament occurs (almost) every first Friday of each month during the school year. Students participate in Adoration during their Religion classes on First Fridays*. The Parents Ministry coordinates parent volunteers each hour throughout the day to sit with the Blessed Sacrament. If you are interested in volunteering for an hour on First Fridays email email@example.com.
- Masstimes.org is a website and app that allows you to locate all masses near you (Sundays and daily) and is updated by individual parishes nationwide. Parishes also often list confession times.
- Today’s Teenager Podcasts by Roy Petitfils, CHS Alum, professional counselor and national speaker. http://www.roypetitfils.com/understanding-teenagers-podcast/
Faith and Spirituality:
- Albert the Ordinary website by none other than Father Albert, Associate Pastor at St. Peters and 7th-grade religion teacher at CHS. Here you can access a daily collection of Father Albert’s homilies and his blog on a variety of subjects including culture, politics, and movies. https://www.alberttheordinary.com/
*For specifics, see the CHS online school calendar.
** Requires Safe Environment Certification