CHS Parents Ministry
Parents Ministry is a group seeking to support the students, parents and school community. Open to any parents interested in participating, Parents Ministry was renewed at CHS last year with two programs for parents and one for students.Mike Patin spoke to parents about
Mike Patin spoke to parents about communication with teens and Roy Petitfils presented a program on Teens and Technology. The latter, a CHS Alum, licensed counselor, and author, shared his TED talk with students. The talk focused on his high school experience addressing bullying and the importance of compassion for others.
Additionally, the Parents Ministry hosted a fundraiser, “Soups for Souls” where 70 family meals were prepared by volunteers and then sold on campus to parents and faculty. This fundraiser provided funding for the aforementioned programs. Finally, for Teacher Appreciation Week, parents volunteered to relieve teachers of their extra duty (morning, lunch and carline) for a week and also provided a book, Resisting Happiness by Matthew Kelley, to each teacher and administrator as a thank you.
For the 2017-2018 school year, the goal for the Parents Ministry is to ENGAGE PARENTS in the CHS community through SERVICE, PRAYER, EDUCATION and SPIRITUAL GROWTH opportunities. Below is a list of some of projects and programs that the Parents Ministry will be undertaking.
- UL-Lafayette Baseball Coach Tony Robichaux will be presenting a program to CHS Parents and Faculty on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, at 6 pm in the Disch gym. More information about this presentation will be forthcoming. All CHS parents are invited to attend.
- The Parents Ministry is supporting CHS Campus Ministry Efforts by coordinating parent volunteers to chaperone students in community service projects*.
- Members of the Parents Ministry will lead a group of the CHS community to participate in the Pro-life March in downtown New Iberia or Lafayette.
- The Parents Ministry will work to bring back the St. Joseph’s Altar tradition for CHS community on the Feast of St. Joseph on March 19, 2018.
- Staring during Advent, we will be engaging the CHS Community in Prayer by coordinating parents to be present in the Chapel during high school lunch on Tuesdays to pray for prayer intentions of the CHS community and to chaperone the chapel providing high school students chapel time during the lunch hour.
To learn more about the programs, provide service in volunteering, or to join the Parents Ministry, email email@example.com and be on the lookout for our Parents Ministry page.